Friday, February 8, 2008

Infrequent postings

They say you should post regularly to your blog. Some say 2-3 times a week, others say daily-- like clockwork.

As far as I am concerned, it appears to be on a regular 2-4 month schedule :-(

This blog will eventually migrate to wordpress. I have a new webhost with Cpanel and Fantastico but other that that, not much help.

I want to transfer several domain names to that new host. This does not appear to be the problem. What is, though, is how can I have many instances of wordpress for each of the domain names. I have yet to crack that mystery. First, I have to find the help file or the customer service help desk to help me figure it out.

Once that is done, I will study wordpress so that I can optimize all of its capabilities.

I also have an interesting group of friends over on Facebook. I am also LinkedIn. Getting comfortable with that Social Networking thing.

I regularly pay for traffic geyser but have yet to use their service to upload. The thing is that if you want your video to be posted to all those 40 plus sites that traffic geyser they upload your videos to, you have to register first to those video websites. There lies the catch. So far, I have a You Tube account, Facebook, Digg, Stumble Upon, and MySpace (which I can't log into because I am currently in the Dominican Republic and I am constantly sent over to "latino MySpace" where apparently my login does not work). Guess I will spend another afternoon registering to the rest of those video websites.

Also, I need to learn Sony Vegas to do some editing on my videos. Shooting the videos is easy, finishing them is something else. For some strange reason, Windows Movie Maker did not come preinstalled on my laptop and any attempt at installing it failed and so, I decided to buy Sony Vegas which, unfortunately, does not appear to have the same intuitive cut and paste capabilities as windows movie maker.

I am currently enrolled in the 30 day challenge. So far I did not learn much since the first few days focus on installing firefox as well as some of its plugins. Duh! I've been using firefox since day one and have more plugins that a sane person would normally have. Lately, Ed (Ed Dale, the 30 day challenge guy) is talking about Stumble Upon. Again, duh! Can't wait for Ed to explain in detail how to get multiple instances of wordpress to work on hostgator, or how to do simple editing on Vegas. Hey, Dale, Give me some stuff I can use now will ya!!

-- Gilles

P. S. This post has been optimized for several keywords, how many did you spot ?

P.S.S. Now how the hell do I put those cute Digg, del.icio.us, furl, stumble upon, etc etc icons at the bottom of each post in Blogger ?

No comments: